CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Welcome!

I'm a serious book and makeup lover!!! I started this blog mainly for reviews. Here you will get to see my opinion on books and makeup that I find amazing and some that I don't really have much care for. I would love to do some product reviews as well, but we'll see. Every now and again you may even see posts about my world and family. I hope you enjoy and I hope my book reviews make you want to lost in the written world of books!!!!





Monday, May 14, 2012

*Book Review* CRAVE by: Karen E. Taylor

The 2nd book in The Vampire Legacy.



A LITTLE ABOUT THE BOOK

Like HUNGER, CRAVE is a re-release. It consists of the 3rd and 4th books in The Vampire Legacy series, Blood Ties and Blood of My Blood.



(From the back of the book)

As a vampire, Deirdre Griffin has roamed the world satisfying the exquisite, ecstatic craving for blood that is her life force. And at last, her lover has joined her, hungry for his transformation, prepared to feed with her for eternity. Yet, for the first time, Deirdre feels fear....

From the farthest corners of the globe to the underworld of Manhattan, enemies are closing in for a rogue vampire is on the loose. And he isn't just killing humans. Now the hunters are the prey.

But someone else is coming for Deirdre--
someone she cannot possibly defend herself against. Blood of her blood, flesh of her flesh---and craving the tangy, acrid, deadly smell of vengeance... 

(Here are the two books that make up CRAVE) 




Deirdre and her lover, Detective Mitch Greer, attempt to start a new life in London, but The Cadre--an ancient society of vampires implores them to return to New York City to stop a psychopath who is killing vampires




When an Immortal Mother... — For one hundred years, I've roamed the world, taking what I needed from my victims, killing if necessary. But I've never known real fear until now. She is coming. The scent of my blood is drawing her to me. And soon, I will face the only enemy I cannot defend against -- my daughter... — ... Is Reunited with a Vengeful Daughter...

Lily. Interesting name my mother gave me -- just like the lilies she left on my grave. She abandoned me once, but I made my way back into the living. For years, I've had only one consuming goal -- revenge. Already, Deirdre's nearest and dearest recognize our uncanny resemblance, including her lover, Mitch Greer...

... Blood Will be Spilled.

A mother haunted by a decades-old mistake. A daughter seeking revenge. In a bloody game of retribution that races from the wilds of Maine to the Gothic, fantastical streets of New Orleans and the vampire underworld of Manhattan, the hunter becomes the hunted...
 



Warning this book does contain SOME adult content!! Therefore, parents you have been warned!!


My Rating for this book:
(ABSOLUTELY)
 
My Review 


I was first introduced to The Vampire Legacy series last year and I was instantly hooked!! 

I first reviewed HUNGER for Karen E. Taylor, you can find my post HERE. Thankfully I've had the chance to also review CRAVE. It's taken me a while to get my review up for this book due to internet and computer issues but I'm so happy that I finally get to share my thoughts on one of the best series that I've read and am going to continue reading. The next book, THIRST, is coming out in fall of 2012!! The book is also up for preorder! You can go to Karen E. Taylor's official website to preorder you copy now or you can preorder from one of my favorite spots...Amazon.com.
As usual I'm a book cover kinda girl so I was interested in reviewing the first book because of the amazing cover. The second book was no disappointment in the "cover" area because it too is amazing!! 

This series is most definitely unlike any other!! To be totally honest when the cat and wolf came out in this book I was a little on the fence as to whether I would like this odd mixture of beings, but as it turned out I fell in love with them. There are so many emotions that go on throughout this book. For me it was almost like I went through all of the emotions with the characters. This book introduces a few new characters, some I absolutely love and some not so much, due to their actions. I love how Karen wrote her characters!!! They all have a special quality about them, they are truly exquisite. CRAVE definitely was a page turner for me, with so much mystery, action, and the occasional romance, I had to find out what happened next. It had me guessing at who was truly with Deirdre and Mitch and who wasn't. With the vampire as the hunted instead of the hunter it is a nice change in the role of the undead.  
If you do not own these books you need to go out and buy them ASAP!!!! 


Just a little tease into CRAVE


With Mitch and Deirdre in London for a while they thought they had it all. They had each other for eternity and nothing to worry about..........or so they thought.
Meanwhile, back in Manhattan there's a problem with a rogue vampire and the Cadre calls on Mitch and Deirdre to take care of the problem. The rogue, Larry Martin, has found a way to make other vampires meet the sun. 
When the problem is taken care of Mitch and Deirdre move to a cabin where no one could bother them, except for the occasional visit from Sam to bring them supplies.
Problems are brewing between Mitch and Deirdre when Mitch starts talking in his sleep.
Unknown to them someone is out for revenge and willing to do whatever to get it. With help from Deirdre's friends and bank account they have all the information about Deirdre and Mitch's whereabouts, among other things, to put their plan of revenge into motion.
Mitch is taken and locked up and Deirdre is left to think he left her and took everything.

Wanna know more??? Go buy The Vampire Legacy series!!! You will not be disappointed!!

With the cat and wolf on the prowl you as a reader will love this series because it only gets better!!!!

I can hardly wait for THIRST it's definitely on my have to read list of the year!!!

I would like to send out a BIG THANKS to Karen E. Taylor for allowing me to review both books in The Vampire Legacy series!!! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment