CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Welcome!

I'm a serious book and makeup lover!!! I started this blog mainly for reviews. Here you will get to see my opinion on books and makeup that I find amazing and some that I don't really have much care for. I would love to do some product reviews as well, but we'll see. Every now and again you may even see posts about my world and family. I hope you enjoy and I hope my book reviews make you want to lost in the written world of books!!!!





Tuesday, May 31, 2011

**BOOK REVIEW** -- Captivated, An Affliction Novel by: D. Apodaca





CAPTIVATED, AN AFFLICTION NOVEL by: D. Apodaca



Mindy Keenan couldn't shake the feeling that somehow...in a matter of moments...the boy she once knew was not the one standing before her.

After Mindy's childhood best friend, Dean Aiken, shuts her and everyone else out of his life, she learns to move on. Years pass and she gets used to the fact that he's no longer a part of her life, but things begin to change...

Mindy's new best friend, Markus Medina, witnesses Dean kill two people behind a club. Mindy has a hard time believing him, especially when he mentions that the bodies disappear. Poof! Into thin air. Markus decides he has to follow Dean around in order to get evidence that he's been killing people, so he doesn't sound like a nut to the police. Despite Marcus crazy theories about the possibility of Dean not being human. And not to mention the fact that he's dangerous. Mindy can't help that she may be falling in love with him.

Even after hiding their feelings for each other from the world. Dean and Mindy being together stirs up dangers that neither of them could ever imagine. When she finds out about what Dean really is and the world he tried to keep her away from...it's already too late

                                                          
          
                    REVIEW  

         I personally give this book :



I had never heard of this book until I came across it on facebook. I know they say don't judge a book by it's cover, but when it actually comes to books most of us do. The cover is what makes us pick it up in the first place. The cover of this book is mysterious, aside from the title and authors name, a beautiful face... which makes you want to find out what's awaiting you inside.

I was so curious to find out what this book was about that I got in contact with the author and asked to do a review. I didn't want to read anything about this book because I wanted to be surprised in case the author said yes I could review it. Obviously she did otherwise you wouldn't be reading this. :) I was so excited when she said yes and I finally got to read it!!! Not only is the book extraordinary, the author is as well!!! She was kind enough to let me review her book and keep in contact while awaiting my review. For me, I don't just enjoy a good book... I also enjoy a sweet author!!!

I myself wasn't expecting to get sucked in at the PROLOGUE but it happened!! I was completely sucked in!!! I started reading it one night after putting my little girl to bed and couldn't stop! I had to make myself put it down and even when I did I would pick it up and think to myself "one more chapter" eventually that turned into reading all but 4 before I really set it down at 7am to try and get some sleep! I was completely bewitched by this book, fully under it's spell!!!

This isn't your average "boy loves girl, girl loves boy and lets throw in some vampires" kinda story. There are so many twists and turns which makes you NEED to know what's gonna happen next. You can make guesses about who and what people are or who's the good guy and who's the bad guy, but you don't really know for sure until you read it.

The way this book made me actually feel when I read it was unique! When I read parts of the book that were about how Mindy felt about Dean it took me back. It was like I knew exactly what and how she felt. I knew the feeling of hoping that you see them in class or out and about. Doing things to "accidentally" run into them. Even sneaking looks through the corner of your eye just get a glimpse at them. The butterflies, the shyness, and the electricity. It was amazing!

All the characters in the book are wonderful! Some more mysterious than others but all in all I loved reading about each and every one of them, from Mindy's best friends to the bad guys, they were all truly remarkable!!

I have to admit though, the ending made me so mad because I didn't want it to stop on such an intense moment!!! It really leaves you wanting more!!! I CAN NOT wait until the next book!!! I have to know what happens!!

I really recommend this book to anyone who loves Young Adult books!!!! I loved it so much that I'm going to purchase it that way I have it on my bookshelf for whenever I want to read it!!!

This book will take you for a ride and you will LOVE every bit of it!! You will truly be CAPTIVATED!!!!!

You can purchase this book on her website http://theafflictionseries.com/ or you can purchase it from amazon http://amzn.to/islCq0

I'd also like to give a BIG THANK YOU to D. Apodaca for letting me do this review and for being such a sweet person!!

And with that I'll leave you with a little something straight from the book!!


I let out a huff and forced a smile. “You’re a vampire.” I stated.

Dean tilted his chin up and smiled. “I have no fangs.” He said through his teeth.

I examined the glistening white canines. They were normal, just like mine. “You retract them when you don’t need them.” I said.

Dean moved across the table and put his face up to mine. His mouth was a torturous breath away from my own. “Then why haven’t I sucked your blood Lina?” He whispered right before pressing his soft lips against mine. Then he inched towards my neck and lingered his lips on my pulse. His soft breathing tickled my skin and triggered a chill that shot up my spine. My blood jumped to a rush and began to throb for him. If he were a vampire, I swear I’d let him suck me. “Why aren’t I biting you right now?” He whispered. It took everything I had in me not to melt into the seat and land as a puddle on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment